Keeping You Safe & Healthy
We hope you and your loved ones are well. We’re happy to be back and are looking forward to providing you with the excellent quality of care you have come to expect. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), but we are now stepping up our game in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. During the closure, we have installed equipment to enhance the control of airborne contaminants and have instituted protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We are striving to meet and exceed the current CDC, OSHA, and ADA guidelines for infection control, and ask for your cooperation as we implement these changes. These include:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. Please fill out the online form (link above) and bring it to the office for your appointment. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- All patients and staff will have a hands-free temperature check upon arrival.
- All patients, guests, and staff members must wear face masks or facial covers, except during dental procedures.
- The number of patients in our waiting room will be limited to two. In accordance with CDC guidelines, all magazines have been removed from the waiting room.
- We ask that all guests wait in their car and return when treatment is complete. If it is necessary for them to stay, we ask that they respect the 6 feet social distancing of other patients and staff.
- We request that all patients use hand sanitizer upon entering the treatment room, and the doctor & assistant will do the same prior to treatment.
- New sneeze guard barriers have been installed at the front desk.
- High capacity true HEPA air purifiers have been installed in each treatment room & hallway.
- A staff member will perform a thorough cleaning of all treatment rooms after each patient leaves, and all frequently touched objects and public areas will be cleaned throughout the day using a virucidal and bactericidal cleaner.
- A new state-of-the-art HVAC air purification system has been installed to capture airborne particulates. It produces ionized hydrogen peroxide that destroys 99% of viruses, bacteria, and mold in both the air and on hard surfaces.
- Chairside personal suction evacuators will be used to capture airborne contaminants during surgeries and treatment.
- A ULV fogger will also be used to thoroughly disinfect all treatment room surfaces between patient appointments.
We are making these changes to provide for the safest dental office environment possible. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Once again, we welcome you back to our office and appreciate the confidence that you have placed in us. We value your trust, loyalty, and confidence, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Thank you for choosing our office for your periodontal and implant needs.
Dr. Henry Sachs, Dr. Stacy Reisfeld, Rita, Robin, Barbara, Peggy, Lauren, Christine, and Regina